Presenting Cases Before Tribunals is a 14-hour hands-on skill-building experience. The participants learn what and how to prepare an effective case before a tribunal or decision-maker. They discover what matters to decision-makers. They take away tips, practice guides, and forms. This course will be particularly useful for staff or advocates who appear before tribunals. It would be a useful refresher for lawyers who are expanding their practices.
Recommended prior FOAJ Training: Principles of Administrative Justice
This course intends to:
- develop your case presentation skills
- make your presentations more effective and successful.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- prepare a plan for a presentation
- organize your materials for ease of presentation
- identify potential questions for the evidence
- prepare and present an opening statement for your case
- identify the key elements of a closing argument for your case
- evaluate your own shortcomings on advocacy to plan for your own further professional development.
In-Person or Livestream: $1,070.00 Members / $1,320.00 Non Members