Since January 1, 2009 the Foundation of Administrative Justice offers a Certificate program: Certificate in Tribunal Administrative Justice (CTAJ™)! A first in Canada, this Certificate assists tribunals and participants to evaluate and support competencies in administrative justice roles.
There are three (4) streams to the Certificate. Participants can select the stream that best matches their role or career path.
1. Tribunal Member (for the appointed or elected board members and decision makers)
2. Administrator (for staff and other support personnel)
3. Advocate (for clients, presenters and counsel)
4. Investigators (for those locating evidence for decision making)
All applicants must:
• complete the required courses for a total of 70 credits (100% attendance is mandatory)
• obtain 65% or better on the evaluation exam for each course
• complete the Certificate application form
• pay the required application fee.
All applicants must complete the core courses – Principles of Administrative Justice and Interpreting Legislation (total of 28 credits).
All applicants must complete the required courses for their Certificate stream:
1. Tribunal Member – No required courses
2. Administrator – Case Management Practices (7 Credits)
3. Advocate – Presenting Cases before Tribunals (14 Credits)
4. Investigator – Investigations (14 Credits)
All applicants must complete a number of elective courses to fulfill the total 70 credits.
|Certificate For||Core Courses (28 credits)||Required Courses||Elective Courses|
|Tribunal Member||Principles of Administrative Justice and Interpreting Legislation||Any FOAJ approved
course or workshop to complete the balance of 70 credits
|Administrator||Case Management Practices|
|Advocate||Presenting Cases before Tribunals|
Exam and Application Fees (GST extra):
- Rewrite Exam – $75.00
- Challenge Exam – $95.00
- Refresher Course & Exam – $195.00
- Certificate Application – $175.00