Since January 1, 2009 the Foundation of Administrative Justice offers a Certificate program: Certificate in Tribunal Administrative Justice (CTAJ™)! A first in Canada, this Certificate assists tribunals and participants to evaluate and support competencies in administrative justice roles.
There are three (3) streams to the Certificate. Participants can select the stream that best matches their role or career path.
1. Tribunal Member (for the appointed or elected board members and decision makers)
2. Administrator (for staff and other support personnel)
3. Advocate (for clients, presenters and counsel).
All applicants must:
• complete the required courses for a total of 70 credits (100% attendance is mandatory for in person courses)
• obtain 65% or better on the evaluation exam for each course
• complete the Certificate application form
• pay the required exam and application fees.
All applicants must complete the core courses – Principles of Administrative Justice and Interpreting Legislation (total of 28 credits).
Applicants need also complete the required courses for their Certificate stream:
1. Tribunal Member – at least two (2) of Decision Making, Decision Writing, Evidence or Effective Hearings
2. Administrator – Case Management Practices
3. Advocate – Presenting Cases.
All applicants must complete a number of elective courses of their choice to fulfill the total 70 credits. The number of credits of elective training will vary by stream. All courses must be from the regular or approved courses offered by FOAJ.
|Certificate For||Core Courses (28 credits)||Required Courses||Elective Courses|
|Tribunal Member||Principles of Administrative Justice and Interpreting Legislation||At Least 2 of:
|Administrator||Case Management Practices|
Exam and Application Fees (GST extra):
- Rewrite Exam – $75.00
- Challenge Exam – $95.00
- Refresher Course & Exam – $195.00
- Certificate Application – $175.00
Exam fees are included in the course registration fee.