Principles of Administrative Justice (POAJ) is an introductory or refresher course for administrative decision-makers, investigators, staff, and advocates.
Administrative decision-makers prepare and deliver this course. Our goal is to provide you with a better understanding of the broader role and responsibilities of administrative decision-makers and of the tribunal and administrative law processes.
This course is a prerequisite for:
- Interpreting Legislation
- Decision Making
- Decision Writing
- Presenting Cases before Tribunals
- Effective Hearings
- Case Management Practices
Livestream Course Dates
- January 15, 16, 18, & 19, 2024 (8:30 am-12:00 pm MT)
- March 4, 5, 7, & 8, 2024 (8:30 am-12:00 pm MT)
- May 23, 24, 27, & 28, 2024 (9:30 am-1:00 pm MT)
- September 18, 19, 23, & 24, 2024 (9:30 am-1:00 pm MT)
- November 20, 21, 25, & 26, 2024 (8:30 am-12:00 pm MT)
- Available via a self-paced elearning model
This course intends to:
- provide you with a better understanding of the broader role and responsibilities of administrative decision-makers and of tribunal and administrative law processes,
- create a solid foundation for the work using the four key principles of fairness, and
- introduce you to five significant aspects of the work, namely: conducting processes and hearings, admitting and weighing evidence, interpreting legislation, decision making, and decision writing.
Course Learning Outcomes
After this course, learners will be able to:
- describe administrative law and the various roles in administrative law
- diagnose ethical concerns for administrative decision-makers and apply common tools to resolve them
- enhance procedural fairness using the four key principles of fairness
- implement basic steps to prepare for and participate in a fair hearing
- explain the basic principles of evidence
- describe the modern method of interpreting legislation
- practice decision making using the FOAJ decision-making model
- describe basic techniques for solid decision writing.
Livestream: $1,070.00 Members / $1,320.00 Non Members
Elearning: $1,070.00 – Special pricing until December 31, 2023, to allow learners to gain the prerequisite for other CTAJTM courses.
*Refresher: $599.00 Member or Non-Member
*For individuals who have previously taken the course, and would like to attend a regularly scheduled livestream course at a discount rate. Please contact us at email@example.com or call 855-466-0501.