Plain Language: Building Results is a 7-hour course. This course helps you write documents—ranging from decisions, opinions, and reports to applications, commencing documents and emails—that are easy for your audiences to read, understand, and use. The course presents practical techniques for streamlining the writing process, determining content and structure, highlighting key messages, cutting wordiness, reducing ambiguity, and generally getting the message across. You will learn through examples, exercises, and before-and-after excerpts.
As an added value to the course, you will receive personal feedback in plain language on a portion of your supplied writing.
Livestream Course Dates
- March 11, 12, & 13, 2024 (9:30 am-12:00 pm MT)
- May 6, 7, & 8, 2024 (9:30 am-12:00 pm MT)
- September 9, 10, & 11, 2024 (9:30 am-12:00 pm MT)
- December 2, 3, & 4, 2024 (9:30 am-1200 pm MT)
- Available via a self-paced elearning model
This course intends to:
- show why plain language matters, to both readers and writers
- provide techniques and tools that result in clear, accessible documents that readers can understand and use
- introduce a versatile approach that helps writers shape different documents for different readers
After this course, learners will be able to:
- determine the different types of readers and what each type needs (and doesn’t need) from a document
- structure documents and decide on their content based on readers’ needs
- ensure that readers can find, understand and act on key messages
- apply seven tools to write in plain language (the CP SAVES model)
- make writing more dynamic, engaging and memorable
- use layout and design to improve readability
- evaluate the readability of documents
- assess the strengths and weaknesses of their own writing skills
Livestream: $850.00 Members / $1,100.00 Non Members
*Refresher: $499.00 Member or Non Member
*For individuals who have previously taken the course, and would like to attend a regularly scheduled livestream course at a discount rate. Please contact us at email@example.com or call 855-466-0501.